FrameMaker -> online help solution

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Wed Nov 28 16:10:15 PST 2012

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 12:53:28 -0800, Lynn Gold <lgold at us.ibm.com> wrote:

>I have a bunch of FrameMaker 7 files that currently go through WebWorks
>2003 to get turned into online help.
>
>One of the sticking points of moving them to the current version of
>FrameMaker is getting an online help solution that will work with special
>marker tags that we've added to tell WebWorks 2003 where to break pages.
>
>We aren't sure whether to go with RoboHelp, WebWorks ePublisher, or
>something else altogether.  Any opinions?  With an already overloaded
>group that's about to get smaller, we need a quick and (relatively) easy
>solution, preferably one that doesn't require us to do anything special to
>the FM files beyond moving them to the current version.

Mif2Go lets you remap markers any way you please,
including using them to split topics.  It's a
one-line setting in the ini file.  No changes at
all required in the Frame files.  And a *lot*
less expensive at $295 (and easier to use) than
any other option we know of.

HTH!

  <jeremy at omsys.com>    http://mif2go.com/