Character Style that won't stick

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 2 10:34:13 PDT 2012

When you open a FrameMaker file, all cross-referernces are refreshed. If the character style was directly applied to the cross-references after they were created, the form,atting will go away when the x-refs are updated. To apply character formatting to cross-refrences in a way that will stick, make the character style part of the cross-reference format defintion. That way it gets reapplied each time the x-ref is refreshed.

-Fred Ridder