Buying an old copy of FrameMaker

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Tue Oct 2 11:01:55 PDT 2012

On Tue, 2 Oct 2012 11:08:30 -0400, Fred Ridder
<docudoc at hotmail.com> wrote:

>There was indeed a 7.1 version between 7.0 and 7.2.

Yes, and it was the last version produced by the
engineering team Adobe acquired with Frame Technology.
The 7.2 version was the first from Adobe India.

As a side note, Adobe acquired RH after Macromedia
had already laid off the RH developers, who went
on to become Madcap and produced Flare.

That's also when the doc updates ended; the 7.1
docs were shipped for the next few, along with
an update release-notes doc.

I did think 8 was an improvement, but the road
after that turned so sharply downhill it resembled
falling off a cliff... IMNSHO.  I still use 8;
we have the later ones for testing with Mif2Go,
but do not use them for any other purpose.

  <jeremy at omsys.com>    http://mif2go.com/