Cannot remove autonumber format

Wed Oct 10 14:25:13 PDT 2012

Roger Shuttleworth wrote:

> I open the Paragraph Designer and add an autonumber format to Heading
> 1,
> such as H:<n+>\t, and click Update All. The paragraph duly shows a 1
> and
> a tab at the beginning.
>
> Back in the Paragraph Designer, I now try to delete the autonumber
> format, in any way I can think of. Whatever I do - however many times I
> click the Autonumber Format checkbox, or if I select and delete the
> autonumber format itself - I cannot get rid of that pesky autonumber
> format once it has been entered. I can modify it but not delete it. If
> select it and delete, it disappears, but when I click Apply or Update
> All it returns. It is impossible to clear that checkbox completely; it
> has either a checkmark or a square.

Hmm, a square in a check box generally indicates multiple items are selected, some of which have the setting enabled and some of which don't. What's selected when you're doing this -- anything?

Is the Heading 1 pgf you created the only thing in the new document? There may be a bug related to that pgf also being the end of the flow.

Try this: Click outside the text frame so there is no text cursor location. Now, in Paragraph Designer, select Heading 1 in the Paragraph Tag pull-down. See if you can clear the Autonumber Format check box and click Update All.

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom