Cannot remove autonumber format

Roger Shuttleworth shuttie27 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 12:48:39 PDT 2012

Hello All

Today is bug day for FrameMaker (sigh). We've had a few of those recently.

Using FM11.0.1.382 on Vista SP2. DITA-FMx installed.

I create a new document (structured or unstructured, makes no
difference) and add a Heading 1 paragraph.

I open the Paragraph Designer and add an autonumber format to Heading 1,
such as H:<n+>\t, and click Update All. The paragraph duly shows a 1 and
a tab at the beginning.

Back in the Paragraph Designer, I now try to delete the autonumber
format, in any way I can think of. Whatever I do - however many times I
click the Autonumber Format checkbox, or if I select and delete the
autonumber format itself - I cannot get rid of that pesky autonumber
format once it has been entered. I can modify it but not delete it. If I
select it and delete, it disappears, but when I click Apply or Update
All it returns. It is impossible to clear that checkbox completely; it
has either a checkmark or a square.

My co-worker does not have this problem. Does anyone else have this?

Thanks.

Roger Shuttleworth
London, Canada