Checklists with AutoForm Radio Buttons

David Artman david at davidartman.com
Thu Oct 11 06:35:50 PDT 2012

OK, so if this is my goal, what is my best FM setup:
1) 7.5 x 5.5, with 7.5 the width of the page, to view on a
landscape-oriented tablet.
2) Either FM or Acro (or both?) acknowledge that the source FM
orientation is "correct" and it does not require an "Auto-Rotate Pages"
setting in the PDF Settings.
3) Acrobat Form Wizard scans the resulting PDF left-to-right, then
top-down.

[
As a reminder--or perhaps my third post hadn't gone through yet--even if
I set the page to 8.5 x 11, regenerate, and auto-form, Acrobat scans
top-to-bottom then left-to-right anyway. I can verify the behavior by
making one of the boxes a check (not square):
A) In 7.5 x 5.5 "pseudo-rotated": the check is rotated 90° CW (i.e., it
would be upright, if I was, in fact, making a portrait document and
rotating it to landscape).
B) In 8.5 x 11, "portrait": the check is upright (i.e., Acrobat
acknowledges the 8.5 wide page top) but it doesn't seem to matter--Form
Wizard still mis-pairs Y/Y and N/N on pages with two pairs).

Which is my my last post asked if I've found some kind of terminal bug
and have to take a different (or manual) route. Or maybe there's
something I can do to the PDF (or PS?) to fix (hack?) the assumed
orientation prior to running the Form Wizard? Like I said: I'm totally
stumped. This would be the first time for me that a fundamental property
of a document is assumed (page orientation is rotated landscape with
counter-rotated text) and completely inaccessible.
]

Thanks in advance for any further advice anyone can offer;
David