Upgrade from FM8 to 11?

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Fri Oct 12 05:02:35 PDT 2012

At 14:35 -0500 11/10/12, LTC Writer wrote:

>Do you recommend I stick with my trusty version 8 or should I add version 11 to my tool set now?

Tim: a general point - unless the new version (of anything) contains something you *must have*, IMHO it's always best to stick to what you know works.

The glaring exception to this is the situation in which by doing so you will lose your upgrade privileges due to being <n> versions behind the latest bu... er, current version. This applies to Adobe and to a few other software manufacturers.

--
Steve [Trim e-mails: use less disk, use less power, use less planet]