Subject: FrameMaker 11.1 Update: some notes

Gay Alson GALSON at epicor.com
Fri Oct 12 10:15:14 PDT 2012

Hi Rob,
Sorry for your problems with the upgrade--I haven't experienced those,
because we're happy enough to just Save As PDF for the majority of our
books. (I haven't printed to .ps since Adobe fixed the PDF issue a
couple years back...)
I'm writing again just to emphasize that my own problem wasn't really an
upgrade failure, just a UBD problem (User Brain Dead). I've gotten used
to double-clicking in a WinZip window to open files so I never save
locally anymore, and just didn't snap <duh> that I should do so for an
executable...
Again, though, Adobe deserves some thanks, both to Kapil Verma, as you
mentioned, and also to Vikram in TCS Support who was kind enough to
contact me and get me sorted out.
Hope you can solve your issues as quickly and easily!
Regards,
~~Gay