Notes on curious splashscreen of FM11

Rob Shell rshell at iafrica.com
Sun Oct 14 09:44:21 PDT 2012

I wonder if any framers have tried the enticing options on the splashscreen
of FM11, webinars, whitepapers, etc which scroll by invitingly.
Trouble is not one of them works. They are dead. No, I lie, one works, i.e.
"email us."
Si I did:
 Here is my friendly and loyal message and the result:

Dear Adobe:
Email us is the only item on the splashscreen on FM 11 which works. All
others are broken. All the other links are broken or do not work.
Rob Shell
Windows Seven
FrameMaker 9 patched
4 GB RAM
3 TB hd

Here is what turned up later on my screen
The original message was received at Sun, 14 Oct 2012 06:27:49 -0700 (PDT)
from [64.18.1.50]

<techcomm at adobe.com>
    (reason: 550 5.1.1 <techcomm at inner-relay-4.adobe.com>... User unknown)
    (expanded from: <techcomm at adobe.com>)

   ----- Transcript of session follows ----- ... while talking to
inner-relay-2.adobe.com.:
>>> DATA
<<< 550 5.1.1 <techcomm at inner-relay-4.adobe.com>... User unknown
550 5.1.1 <techcomm at adobe.com>... User unknown <<< 503 5.0.0 Need RCPT
(recipient)

These are trivial problems. of course, but they are front of house....What
were they think when they released this product
They have however contributed to my disappointment with TCS4.

Rob Shell
Windows Seven
FrameMaker 9 patched
4 GB RAM