Can Frame's default color definitions be changed?

Tue Oct 16 14:07:22 PDT 2012

Alan T Litchfield wrote:

> No, you cannot redefine the default colours and there is no reason to,
> because you can create new colours.
>
> I suggest you read up on green, red and blue to see why they are
> default
> colours. Similarly with cyan, magenta, yellow, black and white.

Exactly. Those colors aren't defined as they are to suit someone's tastes; they're the standard colors of the RGB and CMYK color models. In the Color Definitions dialog, set Model to RGB. Now look at the definition of the color named Green -- it's 0% Red, 100% Green, 0% Blue.

Wanting to redefine the default Green is like wanting to make picas a little smaller in your doc. :-)

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom