how to create an embedded mini-TOC or similar?

rebecca officer rebecca.officer at alliedtelesis.co.nz
Thu Oct 18 14:35:41 PDT 2012

> I thought maybe I'd start by creating a table of contents for the
chapter, but it doesn't have hyperlinks the way the book TOC does.
Huh? It should. Are you selecting the Create Hypertext Links checkbox when you create the standalone TOC?

Cheers
Rebecca

>>> Robert Lauriston <robert at lauriston.com> 19/10/12 08:08 >>>
FM10. I have this 150-page chapter that's similar to an API reference.
Each of 4-500 settings has its own topic starting with a "heading 1"
of its name. The headings are in alphabetical order.

There are obstacles to creating context-sensitive help so as a
workaround I'd like to create a compact, multi-column list of links at
the beginning of the chapter. Any suggestions on how to do that?

The headings rarely if ever change so I could live without it updating
dynamically.

I thought maybe I'd start by creating a table of contents for the
chapter, but it doesn't have hyperlinks the way the book TOC does.

notify Allied Telesis Labs Ltd immediately.
be the views of Allied Telesis Labs.