"Click-and-drag" or just "drag" -- ?

Alison Craig Alison.Craig at ultrasonix.com
Thu Oct 25 13:50:59 PDT 2012

> Is it your company's intent to teach computing 101?

In my case, the answer to this is YES.

I have to write to the lowest common denominator - meaning that within the medical device community there are people who are barely computer literate, all the way up to those who know way more than I do. I can never assume and therefore would have to go with "click and drag" (although for me, it's "tap and drag" as we have touch screens).

> and ease of translation

At the same time, as we translate into more than 6 other languages, I always have to keep consistency in mind. Both for clarity and for cost.

Alison Craig
Technical Documentation Lead

604-279-8550 | fax 604-279-8559 | toll-free 1-866-437-9508
Ultrasonix Medical Corporation | www.ultrasonix.com<http://www.ultrasonix.com/>