Formatting table of contents reference page : color problem

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Mon Oct 29 08:14:34 PDT 2012

On 26/10/2012 11:35 AM, Hélène Le Tutour wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have a formatting problem in the reference page of my table of
> contents. I would like to apply a character format (a color) to the
> page number only. Although, when I do this, the color is also applied
> on the leader after the tab, which I would like to remain black like
> the rest of the text. I know this is possible as I have seen this
> somewhere else, but I just can't find the solution.
>
> I would like to have this, with black points:
> <$paratext>..........<$pagenum>
> Instead, I have this, with red points:
> <$paratext>..........<$pagenum>
>
> Do you have any idea of how I could do this?
> I'm using FM 7.2, by the way (and yes, that's old...).
>
> Thanks a lot for your help.
> Best regards
> Hélène

Hélène,

On your reference page, type three tab characters before the <$pagenum>
block.  Apply your character tag to the block only. (FM will ignore the
extra tab characters unless an entry runs onto two lines -- in which
case, it will use the second tab character and line up the page number
properly. The third tab character will still separate the leaders from
the page number so they won't get coloured, too.)

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator