astrological symbols as fonts

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Tue Oct 30 09:40:55 PDT 2012

On 30/10/2012 11:33 AM, William W. Saylor, PE wrote:

> I am working on an astrodynamics test with the usual quantity of
> mathematical equations, Greek symbols, etc. I use MathType as an
> equation editor since it has more extensive capabilities than the FM
> equation editor.
>
> Traditionally there are several symbols used to represent the planets,
> earth, sun, moon, Ares, etc that are basically astrological symbols. I
> could use these symbols in FM directly if I could find / make them.
>
> 1.Does anyone know of a font that includes these symbols?
>
> 2.How hard is it to create such symbols and be able to use them in FM
> (particularly as subscripts)?
>
> 3.Thanks,
>
> 4.Bill

> */Saylor Solutions, Inc./*
>
> William W. Saylor, PE        (v) 719 481-0433
>
> 20075 Promontory Way   (mob) 719 373-3770
>
> Monument, CO 80132
>
> wsaylor at earthlink.net

A google search of "font zodiac sign" turns up a number of links; I'm
sure you could modify the terms and find many more.  Here's one:
http://www.astrosense.net/downloads.html
"ASTROGADGET is a True Type font which contains all the star sign
symbols (glyphs) and planets plus other astrology related symbols"

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator