astrological symbols as fonts

William W. Saylor, PE wsaylor at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 30 09:55:20 PDT 2012

Great help – thanks much, Bill

From: framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com [mailto:framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Stuart Rogers
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 10:41 AM
To: framers at lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Re: astrological symbols as fonts

On 30/10/2012 11:33 AM, William W. Saylor, PE wrote:

I am working on an astrodynamics test with the usual quantity of mathematical equations, Greek symbols, etc. I use MathType as an equation editor since it has more extensive capabilities than the FM equation editor.

Traditionally there are several symbols used to represent the planets, earth, sun, moon, Ares, etc that are basically astrological symbols. I could use these symbols in FM directly if I could find / make them.

1.      Does anyone know of a font that includes these symbols?

2.      How hard is it to create such symbols and be able to use them in FM (particularly as subscripts)?

3.      Thanks,

4.      Bill

Saylor Solutions, Inc.

William W. Saylor, PE        (v) 719 481-0433

20075 Promontory Way   (mob) 719 373-3770

Monument, CO 80132

wsaylor at earthlink.net

A google search of "font zodiac sign" turns up a number of links; I'm sure you could modify the terms and find many more.  Here's one:
http://www.astrosense.net/downloads.html
"ASTROGADGET is a True Type font which contains all the star sign symbols (glyphs) and planets plus other astrology related symbols"

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator