Track Edits in FrameMaker 10

LGLists Lists at techcomplus.com
Wed Sep 12 10:43:18 PDT 2012

Rick,

I've been using FM 10 on Win 7 since January. I find that the track edits
feature works well and similarly to FM 8. The advantage that FM 10 has, if I
recall correctly, is that I can enable and disable tracking edits for a
single document or for all documents in the book. That's very handy. I can
also accept or reject changes at both levels.

As others have reported, I, too, sometimes see instability that seems to be
associated with using track edits. I'm not completely sure about why it
happens sometimes and not other times, but track edit does seem to have
issues after I've worked on a draft for while with track edits on and the
book also uses conditions.

The instability manifests itself as FM crashes when I try to update or save
the book. It seems to accumulate somehow. I can use track edits for a while
(several days, lots of changes), then the crashing starts. I've only solved
the crashing by turning off track edits.

Hope this helps.

Linda G. Gallagher
TechCom Plus, LLC
lindag at techcomplus dot com