Track Edits in FrameMaker 10

Reng, Dr. Winfried wreng at tycoint.com
Thu Sep 13 00:28:06 PDT 2012

Hi Rick,

Similarly to Linda I moved from FM 8 to FM 10 on Windows 7 early this year.
I use the Track Text Edits feature for all documents.
My experience:

o Mandatory for me to see exact changes:
  What exactly has changed.
  Which change do I have to communicate to others.
  Which file must be translated.

o It's difficult to manage Track Text Edits and Conditions for
  the same text. Track Text Edits cover condition indicators.
  Conditions are often not maintained when I type in a section
  with conditions.
  Therefore I have to check the conditions for all new text.

o Less crashes with FM 10 than with FM 8 in relationship with
  conditions and Track Text Edits.
  My FM 10 crashes seem to be related to that FM 10 expects books
  which are createad in FM 10.

Best regards

Winfried

This e-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended for the use of the addressees named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in respect of any information contained in it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and immediately destroy this e-mail and its attachments.