FrameMaker 11 in XML

Scott Prentice sp10 at leximation.com
Fri Sep 14 13:50:28 PDT 2012

Robert...

Correction! It turns out that you *can* format XML documents in Frame
using CSS. There are two options ..

- If the XML file includes an "xml-stylesheet" processing instruction
that points to a CSS file, you can set up a structure application
definition to make use of that CSS styling when formatting the file in
Frame.

OR

- You can import a CSS into an EDD. If the selectors in the CSS match
the element names in the EDD, those element definitions will be updated
with corresponding formatting data.

Chapter 5 in the Structure Application Developer's Reference lists the
CSS properties that are honored and how they map to FM properties. I'm
still trying to wrap my head around how this all works, but will
probably write up a blog post on it with more details. If you want more
info, feel free to contact me.

Cheers,

...scott

Scott Prentice