Diverse templates and Structure

Doris Pavlichek dpavlichek at opnet.com
Fri Sep 14 13:41:27 PDT 2012

Hi all -

At my company, we are preparing to go from unstructured FM10 to
structured FM10. Because of all of the messages on this board and
generally accepted "best practices", we are doing some clean-up and
preparation now before trying to implement a structure. However, we have
at least one writer (we all report to different managers) who wants
certain conditions and paragraph tags that will then *not* be in all of
the documents. In the past, we have not done this. We all have the same
character and paragraph tags, and conditions, loaded.

My question is - will there be problems moving to structure and XML
output if we start having this kind of style drift?

Thanks - D

--
Doris E. Pavlichek
Sr. Technical Writer