Help with unicode and question marks

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Mon Sep 17 14:31:49 PDT 2012

FM 10.0.2.419, Win7pro 64-bit

I am trying to enter a checkmark glyph in a .fm document.  The paragraph
is formatted to use Myriad Pro, which is a unicode font.  No matter how
I try to insert the glyph (Hex Input, Character Palette, copy and paste
special as unicode from Word), FM displays only a question mark.

The character appears in the character palette (with Myriad Pro chosen
as the font) at position x2713 or decimal 10003.  Typing Alt+10003 works
in Word (with Myriad Pro chosen), but doing so fails in FM.  The Hex
Input tool correctly displays the character in its ugly little black
box; the Character Palette correctly displays the character in its
really ugly black box.  But all I get is question marks in my document.

What am I missing?

thanks,

--
Stuart Rogers