Help with unicode and question marks

Alison Craig Alison.Craig at ultrasonix.com
Mon Sep 17 15:24:25 PDT 2012

Stuart:

I noodled around a bit on the net and Myriad Pro doesn't actually seem to be a Unicode font. So then I went to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicode_fonts#List_of_Unicode_fonts). Myriad Pro is not included on their list of Unicode fonts. That isn't necessarily definitive, but it certainly meshes with the behavior you're seeing.

I also tried to add a checkmark to one of my own documents that uses Myriad Pro and I got precisely the behavior you described. So I'm thinking you need to use another font, at least for special characters (who knew a checkmark was "special"?)

Alison

Alison Craig
Technical Documentation Lead

604-279-8550 | fax 604-279-8559 | toll-free 1-866-437-9508
Ultrasonix Medical Corporation | www.ultrasonix.com