FM 11 somewhat disappointing. Am I alone?

Mike Wickham info at mikewickham.com
Sat Sep 22 14:11:58 PDT 2012

> The other problem has been my Acrobat X Pro installation becoming
> corrupted. Sometimes it just won't start, so I can't open a PDF at
> all. Distiller disappears too. Then the Adobe PDF printer disappears,
> so I can't create a PDF either. A few rounds of repair/reinstall
> later, it is still unstable; I had to reinstall again today, and I
> expect it will last a couple of days.

At times, Acrobat X has made me want to become an eX Acrobat user. The
printer occasionally becomes corrupted for unknown reasons. (I'm on
Windows 7 64-bit.) Early Acrobat updates actually were the cause,
changing the port setting from the documents port to COM1! Sheesh! Going
to control panel and using the Uninstall>repair option has worked to fix
things up, but what an annoyance.

Mike Wickham