Is there a video demonstrating Word vs Framemaker?

Carol J. Elkins celkins at awrittenword.com
Sun Sep 23 12:35:09 PDT 2012

I think there is so much more to say about a Frame vs Word comparison
in a video than stability, single-sourcing, and conditional text. I
am not an advanced Word user, so it is likely that I simply do not
know how to force Word to do some of the things that Framemaker does
so simply, but off the top of my head, managing files at the book
level; cross-references that remain live when converted to PDF;
automatic index generation;  etc. A quick google for Framemaker
versus Word will bring up a lengthy laundry list of features that
could be demonstrated side by side in a video. Granted, in most
instances, the Word side would simply be sitting there looking dumb
while the Frame side zipped along making our lives easier.

In addition, Scriptorium Publishing outlines a great Frame vs Word
demo at http://www.techknowledgecorp.com/demo.html

I don't have any video experience, but if I did, I'd make this video
in a heartbeat because I think it would be a well-viewed, valuable
resource for Framers. I know Adobe can't do it for legal reasons, but
it would be great if one of us who DOES have video experience could build it.

Carol