More bad news on TCS4: no longer includes Photoshop

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Sun Sep 30 11:14:47 PDT 2012

At 13:59 +0200 26/9/12, Gust, Dieter wrote:

>Most technical documentation use cases don't deal with CMYK  so I think cheap software or freeware (Photoshop Elements, IrfanView...) should fulfill the demands. For screenshots RoboScreenCapture (which is good) is included in TCS4. A lot of customers asked for switching from Photoshop to Illustrator which is now included in TCS4.

Hmmm. While I can see where you are coming from, as a long-time FrameMaker user I have to deal with CMYK when taking technical books to press, to ensure a valid press-ready file. In many cases this is just to create a PDF that does *not* contain C, M or Y information, but the capability is still required.

--
Steve