FM11 - Delay with F8 and F9 applying formats

Yves Barbion yves.barbion at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 08:39:16 PDT 2013

Hi Carla

Yes, I see this too, also in Structured mode, when I'm using CTRL+1, 2 or 3
to insert, wrap or change elements. Very annoying indeed. The "shortcut"
menu with the list of formats or elements isn't really a shortcut menu
anymore. I want the good old (but fast!) Fm8 behavior back.

Cheers

Yves Barbion
www.scripto.nu

On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 5:01 PM, Martinek, Carla <CMartinek at zebra.com> wrote:

> Has anyone else noticed a delay when using F8/F9 for apply formats in FM11?
>
> We set up the shortcuts for styles years ago so we only had to 1-3 keys
> for applying them.  It seems to me in FM11 with the format list popping up,
> there's a 1/2 second or longer delay when trying to apply styles.
>
> For example, we use the key combo F8>b4>ENTER to apply one of our bullet
> styles. BUT.. in FM11, I've been ending up with our 1_Heading1 style (since
> its first in line of style names) because the system is playing catch up.
> It's registering F8, but then has to display the list, so "b4" is missed
> and it just registers the ENTER, applying the first style in the list.
>
> -Carla
>

> - CONFIDENTIAL-
>
> This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may
> also be legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may
> not review, use, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive this
> email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and
> then delete this email.
> or visit
> http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/yves.barbion%40gmail.com

Yves Barbion