Very slow paging in FM 10 in graphic-heavy files

Tammy Van Boening tammyvb at spectrumwritingllc.com
Wed Apr 3 06:32:34 PDT 2013

Thank you to everyone for all their insight into this issue. I have received
a myriad of onlist and offlist responses, and they range from others having
identical issues and not being able to resolve them to some resolution
depending on if you turned off graphics, pods, etc. One interesting comment
that was made to me offlist on a few occasions was that the problem seemed
to really come to the forefront after the last few rounds of Windows
updates, and that is truly something that I have noticed as well.  A few
people commented that overall FM 10 response in almost every aspect was
noticeably slowed after this last round of updates and this was working
local or w/ both the files and graphics stored on a network.  For now, I am
going to keep all pods closed and be somewhat thankful that I am pretty
keyboard driven for commands (which harks back to my days on older versions
of FM and my age in general J). I really do need to keep the graphics
displayed as I write for a variety of reasons, but if that ultimately
becomes the real showstopper, I will just have to work my way around that as
well.  I am sooooooo tired of all these issues w/ newer versions of FM. FM
7.2 and 8.0 were just as solid as a rock and quality just seems to be going
downhill exponentially w/ every subsequent release.

Thanks so much again everyone.

Regards,

TVB