Very slow paging in FM 10 in graphic-heavy files

Maxwell Hoffmann mhoffman at adobe.com
Thu Apr 4 14:15:03 PDT 2013

Hello Tammy,

I imagine that someone has suggested this already but for speeding up temporary navigation (e.g. if you need to zoom down to 25%), use View->Options and "uncheck" graphics. This makes all graphics disappear. You can arrive at your destination more swiftly and then reverse the process (e.g. "check" graphics) so you can view the image as you write.

The keyboard short cut is ALT v o --

Other remote possibility of speed issues is if you have checked "Save FrameImage with Imported Graphics" under Preferences.

I still have FM7.2 loaded (for testing comparison) on my personal WinXP machine. I have noticed that even that older version of FM runs slower than it did "when new" due to the many successive WinXP upgrades. I speculate that there may be some connection. The PC environment has changed considerably since FM7 and FM8 were released.

Maxwell Hoffmann |  Product  Evangelist  |  Adobe  |  p. 503.336.5952  |  c. 503.805.3719  |  mhoffman at adobe.com<mailto:mhoffman at adobe.com>
http://twitter.com/maxwellhoffmann -  http://www.linkedin.com/in/maxwellhoffmann  blogs.adobe.com/techcomm
Upcoming webinars http://adobe.ly/Pbz6xI    Recorded webinars: http://adobe.ly/Pbdp0J