Zoom Level Settings in FM 11

VLM TechSubs TechSubs at VibrantLivingMinistries.org
Wed Apr 3 23:05:17 PDT 2013

Maxwell,

First, I wish to express appreciation for your sharing this information on how to get by, given the partial demolition of a feature
which, to my knowledge, has worked just fine since the release of FrameMaker version 1 . that's version ONE . OH . EN . EEEEE . ONE.

Second, and particularly given much of the discussion here lately, that you would even THINK of putting this in a "next release"
fills me with a sense of utter contempt and disgust. Have you not absorbed the many, MANY comments from many, MANY people, both here
and elsewhere, complaining that releases 10 and 11 look much more like bug fix releases then true version upgrades, and that the UI
"improvements" dumped upon us all in version 9 are not improvements at all, in many ways, and break down constantly? Or are those
comments just not part of "we take your needs very seriously"?

I've gotta tell ya, it would be far, far more useful to most of us, whose needs you take SO very seriously, if you (Adobe, not you
personally) would have your development team work on NOTHING but bug fixes for a year or more . and I mean NOTHING but.

I feel unhappy writing such a harsh response, but this is a bug fix, PERIOD. And so is almost everything else discussed here these
days. We don't need another scripting language, we already have one that works just fine. We don't need "more UI improvements", you
all have "improved" the UI far too much, far too miserably already. We don't need any more features . at least not NEARLY as much as
we need the core product to just plain WORK!!!

After all, is not the point of FrameMaker, in significant part, to enable us to work more efficiently and productively than all
those Word users etc? Yes? No? Well, just in case the answer is "yes", here's a news flash for you: When we have to spend countless
hours figuring out what your substitute development team has broken most recently, improved efficiency and productivity are NOT the
typical outcomes! The same is true when we have to hire someone, not to develop incremental functionality, but rather to develop a
bug fix that Adobe likely won't provide, not even from here to eternity.

We need our shortcuts back. ALL of them. We need WHATEVER UI you send our way to work . first time, every time, no matter what. If
your developers don't know how to manage pods, then get rid of them and create something simple . that works. (These are obviously
just two examples, not a working list.)

So .

in the words of Capt. Picard, "Make it so." Evangelize INSIDE the company, do whatever it takes, just get it done.

Kind regards,

Elchanan
FrameMaker user since a VERY long time ago in a galaxy apparently far, far removed from anything going on at Adobe today