Zoom Level Settings in FM 11

Maxwell Hoffmann mhoffman at adobe.com
Wed Apr 3 16:00:53 PDT 2013

Karen,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We do take your needs very seriously, and have marked this issue for resolution in either a patch or the next release of FrameMaker.

Although the values on line 95 of your maker.ini file will not currently display in the zoom pop-up menu (only the first 4 values will show), you may sequentially go through all of the listed zoom values by holding down control while you move your mouse wheel forward or backward.

Summary of tools you can use:

EDITS TO MAKER.INI FILE:
You can set the available zoom levels by editing line 95 of the maker.ini file:
Zoom=25, 50, 80, 100, 120, 140, 150, 160, 200, 400

Summary of useful keyboard shortcuts:
Esc z i     =             In one zoom setting
Esc z o   =             Out one zoom setting
Esc z p   =             Fit Page in window
Esc z w =              Fit window to page
Esc z f    =             Fit window to text frame
Esc zz     =             Zoom to 100 percent

Please note that you can also manually enter any percentage you wish over the value that is displayed in the zoom menu. That zoom value will be saved with the document.

We hope that these workarounds help you in short term while we look at fixing this issue. This bug has been brought to the attention of Adobe product marketing and engineering.

Maxwell Hoffmann |  Product  Evangelist  |  Adobe  |  p. 503.336.5952  |  c. 503.805.3719  |  mhoffman at adobe.com<mailto:mhoffman at adobe.com>
http://twitter.com/maxwellhoffmann -  http://www.linkedin.com/in/maxwellhoffmann  blogs.adobe.com/techcomm
Upcoming webinars http://adobe.ly/Pbz6xI    Recorded webinars: http://adobe.ly/Pbdp0J