PDF and Alternatives to Acrobat [WAS Re: Where on Adobe is the info/link to renew my maintenance contract for FrameMaker?]

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Thu Apr 4 17:35:19 PDT 2013

At 16:53 -0700 4/4/13, Matt Sullivan wrote:

>For anyone who has access to Macintosh software, PDF creation is native on the last few Mac OS.

This is true, but by Apple's own admission the Quartz PDF renderer (or whatever they call it) doesn't product publication-quality PDF. If you need PDFX or whatnot, it's not the way to go, but it's fine for screen reading. Implemented as a 'print to PDF' feature in the print dialog of all apps.

--
Steve