Very slow paging in FM 10 in graphic-heavy files

Heiko Haida info at heiko-haida.de
Sat Apr 6 06:40:11 PDT 2013

Hi Tammy,

I remember that, a long time ago, I had the same problem
with a FM 7.2 installation.

For reasons I ignore FM created log-files
for any file operation in the windows temp folder, many thousands of
them in only a few months, in the course of which any kind of
file-handling became slower and slower.

Maybe you could check this.

Unfortunately I do not remember where exactly these files were located
and what extension they had. But if once you know this you can delete
them easily from time to time to regain the usual speed. (-- Other
question would be why these files were produced...)

Best regards -

Tino H. Haida. Berlin

Tammy Van Boening:

> Thank you to everyone
for all their insight into this issue. I have received a myriad of
onlist and offlist responses, and they range from others having
identical issues and not being able to resolve them to some resolution
depending on if you turned off graphics, pods, etc. One interesting
comment that was made to me offlist on a few occasions was that the
problem seemed to really come to the forefront after the last few rounds
of Windows updates, and that is truly something that I have noticed as
well. A few people commented that overall FM 10 response in almost every
aspect was noticeably slowed after this last round of updates and this
was working local or w/ both the files and graphics stored on a network.
For now, I am going to keep all pods closed and be somewhat thankful
that I am pretty keyboard driven for commands (which harks back to my
days on older versions of FM and my age in general J). I really do need
to keep the graphics displayed as I write for a variety of reasons, but
if that ultimately becomes the real showstopper, I will just have to
work my way around that as well. I am sooooooo tired of all these issues
w/ newer versions of FM. FM 7.2 and 8.0 were just as solid as a rock and
quality just seems to be going downhill exponentially w/ every
subsequent release.