April 11th Webinar: FrameMaker 11 workspaces and quick edits (incl. "pods")

russ at weststreetconsulting.com russ at weststreetconsulting.com
Sun Apr 7 05:25:50 PDT 2013

Hi Maxwell,

Sounds like a good webinar to have. While you are on the subject of
workspaces and pods, I wanted to bring up an important issue to me - the
lack of information on how to make custom FDK dialog boxes (and
presumably ExtendScript dialogs as well) that can be added to
workspaces. The FDK documentation says you can do it, but doesn't say
how. I've asked on this list, the Adobe user-to-user forums, and the
Yahoo framedev list, with no results except crickets chirping.

Many of us rely heavily on FDK and/or ES extensions with custom pods. It
is a significant obstacle to the acceptance of workspace tools, etc.,
when we are unable to configure them with our custom interfaces as well.

Thanks,
Russ

Message: 10