Tooltip text for hotspot doesn't show in PDF (FM 11, Windows 7)

Shlomo Perets shlomo2 at microtype.com
Sat Apr 13 22:00:30 PDT 2013

Maxwell Hoffmann wrote:

> Rick is correct. I consulted internal engineering just to be sure: Tooltip
(or title)
> is not supported by all output formats of FrameMaker or TCS. It is
supported
> by Hotspots in HTML.

And, furthermore, the Tooltip capability does not apply to the HTML output
as produced from standalone FrameMaker either (but we can assume that it
applies to HTML output from TCS).

So, with standalone FrameMaker saving as PDF , one could equally place
"message URL" or "gotolink" hypertext markers in text frames drawn over
graphic objects in the anchored frame (FrameMaker 5 or later).

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://microtype.com

FrameMaker/Acrobat/Captivate training & consulting * FrameMaker-to-Acrobat
TimeSavers/Assistants

Half-hour webinars:

Integrating web-based videos in your PDFs (with FM-to-Acrobat TimeSavers +
Multimedia Asst), April 18:
https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/954869454

Metadata in PDFs authored with FrameMaker, April 25:
https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/578895294