PDF Import

Arnis Gubins arnis at geofx.on.ca
Tue Apr 16 13:09:43 PDT 2013

Hi Jacob,

AFAIK, that's what goes on behind the scenes. FM doesn't support all of
the PDF (imaging) functionality, such as live transparency, and still
outputs via an outdated postscript printer model (i.e. the Adobe PDF
printer instance). It has to first flatten the content to be able to
output the postscript. This is also why it was so difficult to get the
CMYK PDFs to work properly. So, for now, EPS is still at the heart of FM.

Adobe may discourage, but, until they put the resources into FM to
directly create PDFs (like all of the other Creative apps), proper EPS
will be the safest and fastest route to a PDF output. ;-)

Regards,

Arnis