Framers: What good uses are Pods ?

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Mon Apr 22 06:40:42 PDT 2013

On Sun, 21 Apr 2013 10:35:44 -0700, Maxwell Hoffmann
> <mhoffman at adobe.com> wrote:

>For instance, pre V9, index markers could only be viewed one
>at a time in a modal marker dialogue that froze the screen.

That's just not true.  The marker dialog has always been
modeless, not modal.  You could only view one at a time,
and edit it, but I often left it up next to the main doc
window, along with the modeless Find dialog with which
you can step through the markers in your doc as you want.

The screen never froze.  But using *pods* may make you
think it has, because everything gets much slower.

  <jeremy at omsys.com>    http://mif2go.com/