Convert headings to destinations in PDF

Shlomo Perets shlomo2 at microtype.com
Tue Apr 23 11:00:25 PDT 2013

Peggy,

You wrote:

> Does anyone know of a tool that automatically converts headings in
FrameMaker files

> to named destinations in the PDF? I have reason to believe such a tool
exists.

> One tip I have is it seems to convert periods and spaces to underscores,
so the heading

> "1.1 Overview" appears as the named destination "1_1_Overview" in the PDF.

No experience with this Acrobat plug-in, but have a look at "PDF
Destinator", http://destinator.grifir.com/

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://microtype.com

FrameMaker/Acrobat/Captivate training & consulting * FrameMaker-to-Acrobat
TimeSavers/Assistants

"Metadata in PDFs authored with FrameMaker" half-hour webinar: Thursday,
April 25
https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/578895294