Convert headings to destinations in PDF

Harvey, Peggy Peggy_Harvey at alliedtelesis.com
Wed Apr 24 04:56:03 PDT 2013

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all of the responses to my query. The mystery has finally been solved: The tool used was AutoBookmark by Evermap. Apparently the person created the bookmarks in FrameMaker, then used AutoBookmark on the PDF side to delete the bookmarks, recreate them and create named destinations for the "new" bookmarks. AutoBookmark converts periods and spaces into underscores and truncates names to 32 characters for HTML compatibility.

For the record -- I don't recommend this method since it introduces a lot of post-processing work on the PDF side. But at least now I know how it was done.

Thanks,

Peggy