Modifying Image Paths

Judy Bragg judy at hypack.com
Wed Apr 24 07:00:03 PDT 2013

This message was originally HTML formatted.  View in a HTML capable client to see the original version.\r\n\r\nMy company is soon to begin working with translation software.
Until now, my images have been filed in a chapter subfolder. Since ourimages will not be localized, I'm moving the images to a location wherethey can be accessed by each language by the same path. That way, Iadd/change an image once and everything updates.

The downside...I have to update the paths for all of the images in mycurrent English documentation.  Redefining the path for each image (orevery few images) as the interface asks for it is proving verytime-consuming and tedious.

I'm using TCS4 (FM11) on a Win7 PC. My documents typically have textinsets, images by reference, cross-references and index markers.

This morning, I thought I'd investigate whether the Insets pod would be of any help.  I've never used it for anything before
 and, curiously, when I opened it today there's nothing in it. (Not eventhe toolbar pictured in the Help files.) The same thing happens withthe Reference pod.  The markers pod is populated.

Trying to get anything in the Insets and Reference pods, I've triedselecting a single inset, the full document content, the full bookcontent...nothing!

If anyone has suggestions to speed things along, using pods or by some other method, I'd love to hear from you!
Thanks!

-- Judy BraggTechnical WriterHYPACK, Inc.860-635-1500