Wanted: dashed line for FM table ruling

Craig Ede craigede at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 1 09:10:59 PDT 2013

I think the problem would be how to automatically size the anchored frame for the vast variety of cells, straddled and otherwise.

My own take on the use of dashed lines from a visual perception aspect is that they will just create a visual buzz that makes it more difficult to see the data. However, lineless tables when tables are wide and type is small can make it confusing to see what lines up with what. The horizontal stripes in light tones would seem to be a rational approach in those cases. Nonetheless, I don't get to decide on this one.

Craig