Windows 7 + FrameMaker 11 = BOOM!

Joseph Lorenzini jaloren at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 17:00:51 PDT 2013

Hi Ken,

One option that you have is to put your files in a SVN repository. If you
do this, then checked out files will be local to the person's computer and
there's no issue with network latency etc.  You can certainly do the check
out to an external hard drive to if that's needed. Once the user is done
modifying the files, they just commit them with a click of a button to the
repository.

I have been using SVN with FrameMaker for years and its worked fine without
a problem. I love it because none of the network latency issues that are
associated with later versions of Frame affect you -- because the network
is almost completely removed from the equation. It also makes working over
VPN a breeze, where i'd rather eat broken class then try to edit FM files
on a NFS through VPN.

If you want additional details, let me know.

Sincerely
Joesph Lorenzini