Windows 7 + FrameMaker 11 = BOOM!

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 11:02:14 PDT 2013

I've been running the combo for a couple years on multiple systems and
crashes are really few and far between,..
Very stable, IMHO.

ONE OTHER factor -- if you have aggressive anti-virus software
enabled, that's one other point of potential failure. Why? If your
book or document includes multiple files in networked locations OR
simply big files, a poorly designed or implemented virus scanner will
scan each file each time it's opened and one FM document or book will
typically contain lots of files. Add that to network traffic.... and
it'll slow things down enough to crash.

It's a problem that's easy to test though -- just disable it for a while.

Art Campbell
               art.campbell at gmail.com
                                                      No disclaimers apply.
                                                               DoD 358