Windows 7 + FrameMaker 11 = BOOM!

Scott Turner quills at airmail.net
Tue Aug 13 20:16:25 PDT 2013

We operate from network server drive, and have experienced the very same problems while using Win 7 FM 11.

It isn't really a problem with FM, it's a server problem involving latency on the server.

If you look at the resulting files after a crash you may see son with stable, apparently random extensions. These are the open temporary files that FM creates  while working in an open file.

The crash occurs when the serve cannot keep up withe file writes.

Thank both Microsoft and your IT Department. Your infrastructure cannot keep up with your companies demand.