Unavailable fonts message - incorrect?

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 21 12:26:30 PDT 2013

Quite right about SVG, David. I neglected to include SVG in my list because I have never actually used that format. The last time I experimented with SVGs--back in FM7, if I recall correctly--they weren't fully supported so I abandoned my attempt to use them.  For the last several years, I have always used cropped PDFs whenever possible and have had very few issues with them.

I do have personal experience with missing fonts messages caused by each of the four formats I mentioned. EMF and WMF are particularly troublesome because those formats only embed the font *name*, never any of the glyph outlines from the font itself, so the graphics are totally dependent on each system's complement of installed fonts.

-Fred Ridder