Convert 1 Excel column into 3 balanced columns to paste into FM

LGLists Lists at techcomplus.com
Thu Aug 22 15:42:08 PDT 2013

Win 7
Excel 2003
FM 10

I have a list of 117 or so items that I get from a client as a single column
in an Excel spreadsheet. I need to take that list and convert it to three
balanced columns (maintaining the alpha sort) to paste into FM.

I did it once manually, but the list keeps changing, so I'm looking for a
way to easily convert to three columns, so I can just copy and paste it into
FM whenever it changes. I'm think there's a way to do this in Excel, but my
Excel knowledge could fit on the point of a pin (not even the head of the
pin).

Anyone know how to do that in Excel?

Linda G. Gallagher
STC Fellow
TechCom Plus, LLC - celebrating 20 years!
lindag at techcomplus dot com
www.techcomplus.com <http://www.techcomplus.com/>
303-450-9076 or 800-500-3144
Tutorials, "show me" demos, user guides, help, FrameMaker and WebWorks
ePublisher templates