Convert 1 Excel column into 3 balanced columns to paste into FM

LGLists Lists at techcomplus.com
Sun Aug 25 15:30:47 PDT 2013

I'm going to respond to my own post. This took so long to get to the list,
that I asked Rick Quatro if he'd seen it (thinking I'd somehow missed it).
He'd not seen, but great guy that he is, he took a few minutes to discuss my
problem and came up with a simple solution that will work fine for my needs.

Here's what worked:

1. From the Excel worksheet with the list (all in one column), save as to a
text (tab delimited) file.

2. Import the file into FM using the copy option, selecting Text as the
type, then selecting a table format, make each para a cell, and three
columns. (Wrote that from memory, but if someone else needs to do this, it
should get you through the process).

Worked well and even got the alpha list to go alpha across instead of down.
Just what my client preferred.

Thanks much, Rick!!

Linda G. Gallagher
TechCom Plus, LLC