SOLVED: Hypertext links not working

Rick Quatro rick at rickquatro.com
Tue Aug 27 05:38:49 PDT 2013

Here are a few more details in case others encounter this. When you print or
save as PDF from a .book file, FrameMaker encodes the links and destinations
as if you are making a single PDF file from the book. This is normally what
you want. In Dave's case, he wanted a separate PDF for each component in the
book. He used the built-in option for printing a separate file for each
component in the book. However, because you are printing (or saving) from
the .book file, FrameMaker still encodes the links as if you were making a
single PDF file.

The only way to get the individual component-to-component links to work is
to open and print (or save) each component individually, not from the .book
file. Obviously, if you have a book with many components, this can be a
tedious task. If you find yourself in this situation, I have a FrameScript
script that will save each component as PDF one-at-a-time from the book.
Fortunately, Dave's book only contains a handful of components.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments. Thank you very
much.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc.
585-283-5045