Disappearing Palette Items

Craig Ede craigede at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 27 14:29:17 PDT 2013

Reading the manual might help here.

The workspace menu doesn't read "Authoring" unless you have chosen the
Authoring workspace environment. That button "name" just shows what you
current workspace environment is set to. Mine can be Craig's Custom,
Authoring, Design, Review, Structured Authoring, or others.

Your palette items are disappearing because you are closing them. Docking
them will retain them, but if you undock them and then close them, they have
to reopened to reappear.

Reading the manual will help you understand how they work and what logic
drives their functioning.

Craig