Updating TOC Wipes Formatting

Karen Robbins karendesign at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 11:22:57 PDT 2013

Luckily, only one TOC reference page. And the formatting now seems to apply
when updating.

But now I have another problem. My TOC page contains other content
(credits, legalese, etc.) besides the TOC, which takes up only about half
the page. When updating the book, FM doesn't replace the existing TOC; it
adds a whole new TOC on a new page 1 of this file, pushing my existing
content (TOC and other) to page 2.

Of course I can copy and paste the new, updated TOC in place of the old
one. Or maybe some other way of getting it into position. But if FM is
supposedly deleting the existing TOC when updating, why didn't this happen?

Thanks,
Karen