CMY data in PDF for JPEGs [do have workaround, but just curious]

Mike Wickham info at mikewickham.com
Fri Dec 13 10:53:58 PST 2013

This may be a wild stab, but how is color management set up in your PDF
.joboptions file? (In Distiller, choose "Default Settings", then
Settings> Edit Adobe PDF Settings> Color tab> Color Management
Policies).  (May be different in your old Acrobat version) Some of those
settings, as I recall, will change grayscale to color (such as "Tag
Everything for Color Management). You probably want it set to "Leave
Color Unchanged."

Mike Wickham