CMY data in PDF for JPEGs [do have workaround, but just curious]

Heiko Haida info at heiko-haida.de
Sat Dec 14 01:49:19 PST 2013

Well, as far as I know, FrameMaker was never quite *the* dtp-tool famous
for adequate color-handling.

The first version that does have a color management independent of the
Window GDI being capable of real CMYK colors is FM 10. So, if specific
color is needed, the best would be working with eps.

On the other hand, the newer Acrobat versions have a built-in function
(print production tool) for "color conversion". You may set everything
e.g. to "dot-gain 15%". Dot-gain is a grayscale profile. Look on the
adobe forums for more information.

There are other tools that provide this conversion on PDF files, like
the Quite suite or PitStop. I would always produce a color PDF first and
reduce color to grayscale in a second step.

Best regards -

Tino H. Haida, Berlin

Steve Rickaby: